Monday, November 10, 2008

Mya is 2!


(This is the invitation I made for her birthday.  I think it turned out pretty good.  I'm excited to make more things like this!)

Mya's birthday was on Friday the 7th.  She is now officially 2 years old.  We had a very nice day with family.  Brandon brought home balloons and Mya thought that was really fun.  She LOVES balloons and really had a ball playing with them all day.  We went to an early dinner at PF Chang's and then back to our house for cake, ice cream and to open presents.  It was a pretty laid back day and party but I think everyone had fun, especially Mya.  Thank you Grandma Bartlett and Daniel, Aimee, Britnee, Amber and Nathan for all coming - Mya loves you and was so happy that you were here for her party!
(Side note:  I can't believe my baby is 2!  Where has the time gone?  For about a month now we've been experiencing the terrible twos.  Now I thought that her tantrums and whining and such were bad before but we are in for a crazy ride now!  The "no's" and "mine's" and screeching and screaming have increased drastically!  How did that happen?  But overall Mya is so great and lovable and sweet and funny and so much fun!  And we love her so much and we are sure grateful that she is part of our family.  We love you baby girl!!)


Here is Mya will her "boons."  She had so much fun playing with these.





And opening her presents.  She is quite the pro at unwrapping presents.  Notice her nice "form!"

(click picture to enlarge)

And the cake was a hit!  Mya loved blowing out the candle - she wanted to do it over and over.

(click picture to enlarge)

Thank you to Grandma for the cute Cabbage Patch babies.  They are perfect! - Uncle Daniel, Aunt Aimee, Britnee, Amber and Nathan for the adorable tiny purse and all the fun things inside!  Mya LOVES it!! - and to Aunt Tiff, Uncle Ben, Chandler, Makenna, Cole and Landon for the cute little kitty!  We love you all!
And thanks to Kirsten, Brandon, Eli and Xander for the cute card!  I'm very impressed by your craftiness!  We miss you guys!!

3 comments:

Liesl said...

I love the invitation! Sounds like Mya had a great day. She is so cute. I think her little Fox cousins will love her. Happy Birthday, Mya!

Christy said...

Wow... you made another amazing cake this year! You are so creative and talented! I had no idea until you became a mom and started doing all this fun stuff. :) Good Job! Mya is lucky to have you for a mommy.

Kirsten said...

So cute and so fun! I wish we could have been there to help you celebrate!

Love you guys bunches and miss you more!

The terrible 2s are so much fun, no?