Monday, August 4, 2008

You ought to be in pictures!



I don't know many moms of little girls that wouldn't get excited about this...

Mya's hair has grown so much recently in length and volume.  So much that I thought it would look so cute in pigtails!  And I think I was right!!  Check out our fun pigtail photo shoot. :)






Just adorable - don't ya think?!


And now a story just for fun!

A couple of weeks ago while shopping at Target I was approached by a man who asked me how old Mya was.  This was really weird as I don't get alot of men asking me how old my little girl is.  So I told him with hesitation.  Here is our conversation.

Man: "Hi, how old is your little girl?"
Me: "Umm, 20 months."
Man: "What is her name?"
Me: "Umm, Mya."
Man: "She is beautiful.  Have you ever thought about getting her into modeling?"
Me: "Umm, no."
Man: "She would really make a great child model.  You should consider getting her into modeling and commercials."
Me: "Ok."
Man: "I work for a modeling agency and I would love for you to bring her down for a consultation and interview."
Me: "Umm, ok.  Do you have a business card and a website so I can check it out?"
Man: "Yes.(He hands me his card) You should definitely give my assistant a call and set up an appointment."
Me: "Well, I need to talk it over with my husband.  But thank you."
Man: "Great!"
Me: "Ok, bye."

I was totally taken off guard by this and really didn't know what to think other than how strange it was.  I checked out the agency and it seems legit but I just don't think I could put my child and myself through something like that.  Although it is a little tempting!  But I do have to agree with the man that Mya is definitely beautiful and she has a cute personality to go along with it.  And just to show off my little girl here is one of my favorite pictures of Mya (even though I've posted it a few times already.)

I love this little girl!!

3 comments:

Christy said...

Those pigtails are adorable!! The flower makes it even cuter! I can't believe how big she's getting! Aedan is growing so fast too and it is so sad! Man... we have cute kids! I'll be adding one more to that soon. :) I can't wait to put her hair in little pigtails!

Liesl said...

It is so fun when their hair finally gets long enough to style. The pigtails are so cute! Kinneret likes hers Gertie-style (from Spy Kids 2). Cordelia just got her first haircut yesterday - it only took 3 years! However, I forgot the camera and she just barely trimmed the ends, so I didn't get a lock. I might have to just clip one from underneath. Maybe we'll get to see you in December!

Kirsten said...

What a fun story! I totally agree. Your little miss has both the looks and the personality! Those are quite stunning photos of some darn cute pigtails!!

Love you chiqua!