I just wanted to share with you that the new social security most popular babyname lists for 2007 are out. Just click here to see the lists. For those of you that know me you know that I LOVE babynames and all names in general so when this list comes out each year (around Mother's Day) I am in heaven. I love to see if new names made the list and what names moved up or down spots. (Just an example of how much I love names - I always go down the babydoll isle at Target or Walmart just to check out the names of the Cabbage Patch Dolls! I'm telling you it's an obsession.) So, if you ever want to discuss babynames I am so your girl! I would love to chat with you. :0)
Just to get you started here are the top 20 Boy and Girl names for 2007.
Popularity in 2007
| Rank | Male name | Female name |
|---|---|---|
| 1 | Jacob | Emily |
| 2 | Michael | Isabella |
| 3 | Ethan | Emma |
| 4 | Joshua | Ava |
| 5 | Daniel | Madison |
| 6 | Christopher | Sophia |
| 7 | Anthony | Olivia |
| 8 | William | Abigail |
| 9 | Matthew | Hannah |
| 10 | Andrew | Elizabeth |
| 11 | Alexander | Addison |
| 12 | David | Samantha |
| 13 | Joseph | Ashley |
| 14 | Noah | Alyssa |
| 15 | James | Mia |
| 16 | Ryan | Chloe |
| 17 | Logan | Natalie |
| 18 | Jayden | Sarah |
| 19 | John | Alexis |
| 20 | Nicholas | Grace |
| Note: Rank 1 is the most popular, rank 2 is the next most popular, and so forth. | ||
Jacob and Emily are still holding strong in the #1 rankings. Jacob hit #1 in 1999
taking the top spot from a long time #1 Michael.
Emily climbed 2 spots to take top honors away from Jessica in 1996.
Both names have been going strong ever since. I wonder how long it will take for names
like Ethan and Isabella to move up and be #1. Now go check it out - your going to love it!




1 comment:
I love your obsession! I love that my boys' names aren't in the top 20 too!
I love that 18 month picture of Mya. She is getting so big! How are things going for you guys?
Love you!
Post a Comment