Sunday, February 17, 2008

Bonny Crocker

When I was a teenager growing up in Missouri I really loved to bake. I used to make cookies and cakes all the time. My brother George even gave me the nickname Bonny Crocker! Once I moved to Utah and tried to bake nothing ever turned out. The altitude change was messing up everything so I just stopped baking. I had forgotten how relaxing and fun it was until I made Mya's birthday cakes. Since then I've been hooked. Brandon got me a pretty red Kitchenaid mixer for Christmas and I've started baking again. It really makes me happy and it has been so much fun! I've already made several batches of cookies and a cake and I'm looking forward to finding new recipes to try. And pretty soon Mya can help me too! I'm so excited - I've got my baking mojo back! :)

Here she is - my beautiful Kitchenaid Mixer. I just love her! (I've named her Betty - an ode to the real Miss Crocker herself!)


I decided to make a batch of traditional chocolate chip cookies today - so YUMMY!


Mya enjoying the ooey gooey goodness! Such a cute messy face!

Mya loved the cookies so much she kept coming back to the kitchen signing "more". It was so cute! :)

3 comments:

Danalin said...

Why can't this pregnant lady live in Las Vegas and benefit from you getting your baking mojo back?! Now I've got to get off of this chair and bake some chocolate chip cookies for myself...thanks a lot, Bonny! :) Indeed, "Betty" the mixer is a beauty. But not half as beautiful as your little woman. I love looking at pictures of her. She is so cute!

None said...

Congrats on the mixer! We got one for a wedding present, and I LOVE IT!!! Seeing your cookies makes me want to go bake some! Happy baking! I love the close-up pic of Mya :P

Kirsten said...

How much fun is that, Ms. Crocker? I love it! I love the messy Mya faces too. What a lovely Christmas present - no doubt about it, Betty is a Beauty! Happy baking my friend!

Love you and miss you lots! Give Mya a squeeze for Eli and me!