Since this is my blog I thought I would write a few words about my wonderful husband, Brandon. Brandon is a great husband and dad. He adores his baby girl and she loves her daddy so much. For being such a wonderful husband and father I thought he really deserved something special for his very first father's day so we got him a new grill. But it's not just any grill. It's a Big Green Egg (or BGE) - a grill, smoker and oven. (If you would like to know more I'm sure Brandon would love to tell you all about it!) Brandon is in love with his new BGE. He loves it so much one night I even heard him say "Big Green Egg" in his sleep. I have to say that he has produced some really great food on his new BGE and I I know there is even more to come. Since smoking is an all day event he only gets to do it on the weekends. He prepares all week for what he gets to cook next on his BGE. If you are ever in our neck of the woods you should stop by for some delicious barbeque!! Here are a few pictures of the proud BGE owner and master BBQ chef (at least in our house!)
Brandon has also developed another passion for the sport of hockey. It all began during the last winter olympics when we cheered on the USA hockey teams. We then started watching the NHL and adopted the Anaheim Ducks as our favorite team. Brandon was so excited to have his team win this years Stanley Cup (I think he still has the winning game saved on our TiVo.) We also have a local ECHL (I think this is equivalent to AA baseball) team called the Las Vegas Wrangles that we love to go and watch. Brandon doesn't just love to watch hockey he has also started to play the game as well. He started by taking skating lessons and then he joined a local hockey league. Even though he hasn't mastered the sport he has done very well and I think it makes him appreciate the sport even more. He loves going to the ice rink to skate and shoot the puck around. This past weekend there was a tournament going on at our local ice rink by the famous director Jerry Bruckheimer. He invites celebrities and NHL players to come to Las Vegas and play in his tournament. We were lucky enough to hear about this hush hush tournament so we went to watch. Some of the NHL players included were Chris Chelios of the Detroit Red Wings, Derek Armstrong of the Los Angeles Kings, and Dustin Penner of our favorite Anaheim Ducks. And a few of the celebrities were Jerry Bruckheimer of course (Brandon nicknamed him Mr. Burns because he's a really small and skinny guy and he skates hunched over a bit - pretty funny to watch and actually quite good), Alan Thicke (yes, Jason Seaver plays hockey!) and Mike Vanderjagt (who knew the Dallas Cowboy's kicker could play hockey?? And he is pretty good too!) I personally was most excited to see Mike Vanderjagt and I spotted him right away. If you know me you know I love my football!! Brandon was in hockey heaven with all the NHL players playing at the ice rink he goes to every week - pretty cool!!
Here are some cute pics of my very talented hubby.
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
My Guy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Holy Cow that food looks amazing! We just moved into my mom and dad's house while they are on their mission and therefore adopted a grill! We should have you guys over so that Brandon can share some of his grilling expertise! Your ode to Brandon is really cute! He seems like a great dad, plus I have always been impressed at how much Brandon KNOWS about his likes. If he likes it, he knows every detail, fact, tidbit and up-to-date info about that thing! He's actually really good to know, because he is a wealth of knowledge! You guys make a CUTE family!
Post a Comment