Thursday, August 27, 2009

News!


I am officially 38 weeks today! YAY!! I had my weekly appointment today too. Dr. Groom said I was almost 1cm dilated but he said he would call it a full cm just to make me feel better. I love my doctor!!:) The best news of the day though was that he called the hospital and I have a check in date for an induction on September 8th at 8:00PM. He did this on my request so I could possibly deliver on 09/09/09! Wouldn't that be a really cool birthday?! I think so!! They will start me on cervidil to help thin the cervix and leave that in for 12 hours and then start me on pitocin after that. This is how it usually works. But, if you read the post about Mya's birth you will learn that last time the cervidil actually helped my body go into labor so hopefully it will do that again! So, I'm really happy to have some kind of date to look forward to. I could also go on my own before then but I don't think that will happen. Now I just need to get busy and do all those last minute things to get ready for our baby boy to join our family! (Top of my list of things to do - get haircut and get a pedicure!! Gotta treat myself, right?!!) So exciting and crazy!

Here I am at 38 weeks pregnant. I actually took this picture this morning. Not the best picture but it will do. I am HUGE and carrying this baby so low.

6 comments:

Christy said...

You look so cute! All tiny with a basketball belly. :)

Liesl said...

YAY! It is fun to know that there is an end in sight. I hope he cooperates and gives you and easy labor & delivery. (And 9/9/09 will be a great date to go along with Kyle's 2/2/02!)

Jessica said...

You look fabulous! I know we never think that of ourselves when we are pregnant, but you really do look great. And you are almost done YAY!!

Elder Larkin said...

Yay!! I'm so excited for you! I can't believe he's almost here. I remember being sooo excited for my babies to get here. It's even more exciting than Christmas. I'm glad you got the date you requested, and I'm glad that you're getting your pedicure and hair done now, 'cause we all know it's hard to do those things once the baby gets here. I'll keep checking in on you (on your blog) once in a while to see how you're doing, but if there is anything I can do for ya, please let me know.

chrisnbri said...

That's exciting! You look great good luck can't wait to see pictures of the little guy when he gets here!

Kirsten said...

Awww, my little Bonny!!!! I just love your adorable round middle and the little man inside!!!

I will try and call you tomorrow. How exciting to have the end in site!!

Love you guys so dang much! Okay, just one more set of exclamation marks!!!!!