Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Brandon!






Yesterday was Brandon's birthday and I wanted to give him a shout out and tell him how much I love and appreciate him.  Here is a little Husband Tag that I thought would be fun to do!


Where did you meet?
We met at our BYU Ward in Provo.  We were both living in the Carriage Cove apartment complex.  Brandon first talked to me at Ward prayer and then he asked me out after a Ward party at Trafalga.  We were also both Family Home Evening leaders, in the ward choir and on the slow pitch softball teams.

How long did you date before you got married?
We started dating in June and got married on February 5th.


One of our engagement pictures.

How long have you been married?
It will be 10 years in February!


A wedding photo.

What does he do to surprise you?
He ALWAYS surprises me and he is sooooo good at it!  I've had so many surprises from Brandon I can't even count them anymore!  And I'm lame-o and can NEVER surprise him.  Sorry Babe!

Favorite features about him?
I love everything about him but I would have to say his smile and his hair!  (Luckily Mya got them both!)  And he has the best profile - seriously he does!!

Favorite qualities about him?
He is a hard worker and really smart and a super great husband.  He is a great dad and Mya ADORES him.  I love to watch them play together.  He is really funny and is always making me laugh!

Does he have a nickname for you?
Babe, sweet cheeks!

What is his favorite color?
Green? I think? 

What is his favorite food?

He loves all kinds of food but I think its Chinese.  And he also LOVES homemade chicken noodle soup!  Mmmmmmm!!

What is his favorite sport?He loves Baseball, Basketball, Football and Hockey.  I would say his favorite right now is Hockey!  Brandon grew up playing baseball and basketball.  His senior year in high school he held the 2nd best batting average for the entire state of Utah!  The first time I saw him play on the slow pitch softball team I was in awe of his skills!  He was really good and by far the best player!  And I definitely wanted to get to know him better after that!  After we got engaged everyone in our ward kept telling us that our kids were going to be so athletic - hopefully that is true!

Brandon on the ice!

Who said "I love you" first?
He did.

When and where was your first kiss?
July 3rd 1998 at his sister, Tiffany's house.

Favorite things to do as a couple?
Before Mya came along we loved to go to sporting events, plays&musicals, movies, lots of shopping and eating out!  We even got to go on a fun trip to Mexico not long after we got married!  We still love to do all of those things we just don't do them as often.  Now as a family we love to go to the park, hang out with family and go to Disneyland!


On our trip to Mexico!

What's a hidden talent that he has?
He's a comedian or at least he thinks he is sometimes!  He always knows how to "lighten" the mood.  He is such a goofball!!

Where was your first date?
We went to the Manti Pageant at the Manti Temple.  It was wonderful!  We doubled with a couple who were also on their first date and they also ended up getting married just a few months after we did!

How did he propose?
We had just gotten back from a trip to Texas for Thanksgiving with my family.  We had flown in to the Salt Lake City airport so we drove by the Temple to see the lights.  He proposed to me by the fountains in front of the Church office building with the Temple in the background.  (My bro-in-law proposed to my sister in the very same spot like 7 years before!)
Funny story - Before I left for Texas my sister, Nancy, was working the night shift at the same office I worked at.  While I was in Texas I was supposed to bring back my Grandma(who had passed away)'s ring to Nancy.  Nancy thought it would be funny for me to show up at work with Grandma's ring on and say that I got engaged over Thanksgiving.  Well, I really did get engaged and I had my very own ring.  So when Nancy showed up for work she thought she was being funny and asked to see my finger and when I showed it to her she started freaking out!  It was pretty funny!  She definitely wasn't expecting to see MY engagement ring on my finger!

What do you admire about him?
There are so many things I admire about Brandon.  But one that comes to mind is he started his own Home Theater/Home Automation  business (Automated Electronic Systems) and its been a success.  It was something he wanted to do for a long time and he did it and I am so proud of him.  The business keeps him very busy but he loves it and is so good at it.  He's an electronic geek and proud of it!!  And I love him for it!! :)



Thank you Brandon for all you do for me and Mya.  We love you so much!  And we hope you had a nice birthday!

4 comments:

Liesl said...

Happy Birthday to Brandon! I hope it is a wonderful year for him (and his family!). That is a really neat post. The tidbit about showing Nancy your engagement ring was hilarious!

Tiffany Clarkson said...

Bonny, this was so fun to read. I love the pictures-you guys looked so young. I am so glad that Brandon found you. You are such a great mom and perfect for Brandon.
Tiffany

Andrea said...

LOVE IT! I remember when you started to fall in love and it was so fun at work. Happy Birthday Brandon! I am going to do your post next week for my week of matt posts. It's his bday on the 13th!

Jessica said...

I'm so glad you did this one...it was fun to read! I loved the pictures you included too. Its easy for me to remember Brandon's birthday because its the day before my dad's.