Friday, December 14, 2007

The bad, the good, and the cute!

So, alot has been going on at the Bartlett house these past few weeks. Here is a sampling of the goings on.
First I will start with the bad. I will call it the bad accident. You might be wondering what that means. Well the dictionary says the word accident means "an unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury." Yip! That's exactly what happend. On Tuesday morning as I was taking yet another trip down the stairs with Mya attached to my hip I slipped and fell. I landed on my tailbone and back and Mya's poor little foot was behind me so her foot was smashed. After a trip to the pediatrician and some ex-rays we were told that she had 2 small fractures in her foot. We saw the orthopedic surgeon on Thursday and he said that the fractures are minor and they will heal themselves but she needed to have a splint put on her foot and keep it on for 2 weeks to keep it stable. Mya is doing great! She doesn't have any pain and she is really good at getting around on her splint.
Her are a few pics...




Mya's x-rays. The 3rd and 4th metatarsales are broken at the very tip. They call it a buckle fracture.




Mya showing off her splint and a very big smile! What a trooper!! :)

So, now it's time for the good! We finally put up our Christmas tree! We put it off for too long and now I wish we would have put it up sooner because it looks so cute. Mya seems to like it too and she really hasn't tried to tear it down like I thought.
We hope you all are having a wonderful holiday season.
Here are a few pics of our cute tree. I decorated it in a snowman/snowflake theme. :)





And finally its time for the CUTE!! We had Mya's 1 year pictures taken and I think they turned out really good. She has alot more hair now and it is almost always out of control! She is learning so much and loves to sing, dance (she actually has some pretty good dance moves) and talk (the phone is her new favorite thing and she will pretend that almost anything is a phone - it's pretty darn cute!) She still only says mama, dada, daddy, hi and bye bye. But she can also say bath and ball but they come out more like bah.





Here is a cute video of Mya. We were looking at our friends Cathy, Mark & Taj's blog and we found this cute video of Alvin the Chipmunk singing itsy bitsy spider. Mya loved it! I captured this video of her reaction. I love how she talks to Alvin in her baby babble at the end. Enjoy! :)

(Ok, for some reason I can't get this video to post. I will try to fix it soon! It really is cute. :)

6 comments:

Danalin said...

Oh my! Sorry about the accident! But what a cute little pink cast. You should ask if you can keep it at the end...she can take it for show and tell when she gets into school. I had one that I took and I felt super cool. :)

Her pictures are SO cute! Man, this growing up business all happens way, way too fast. And your tree looks awesome! Don't you love how your house feels at Christmas?! Love ya, lady!

Kirsten said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kirsten said...

Poor little Mya, and POOR MOMMY! I am sure you are more traumatized than she was. I have fallen a couple of times carrying Eli up the stairs. Thankfully I have been able to save Eli from injury, but I jammed one of my fingers really good. Not a good thing when one earns a living typing. That was quite painful for a few weeks. I'd better stop that falling thing too once my belly gets a little bigger. There are three of us that will be in the line of fire, so to speak!

Mya looks so darn cute with her splint! And her 1 year pics are adorable. She is getting so big! I love her little grin!

Your tree looks great, too! Ours looks pretty dumb because it is only decorated on the top half because Eli doesn't leave the ornaments alone. People always look at it pretty strange when they come in our house. Well, it is strange...My mom keeps bugging me to post a picture of it, but that seems a little silly to me. I guess I should do it just for kicks, eh?

Only a few more weeks until our visit!

nickel... said...

I am so happy that the getmunked post I did is getting some Mya love! I have to admit that I felt like a dork putting it out there for the whole world to see but Taj LOVES it too and now that I know Mya likes it (especially since she deserves a little extra loving cuz she got hurt) I feel totally redeemed in cool points for posting it! :)

I love Mya. Can we make those play dates we always talk about a new years resolution? :) I want Taj and Mya to be bosom buddies!

And Kirsten you totally need to post a pic of your tree! :) or maybe you did. I shall go check! :)

Liesl said...

Sorry you're under such stress right now. The little ones always adapt pretty quickly. Mya's pictures are adorable! Merry Christmas!!

Emily Rocks said...

Oh my goodness! Those are the saddest and the cutest X-rays EVER!!! That had to be really hard! But she looked like she didnt mind at all! I love her one year old pix and the pix you took of the snowflake! :)