Tuesday, August 14, 2007

9 months old and a couple of new discoveries

Mya recently turned 9 months old and she is getting so big! Here are a few pictures from the last couple of weeks.


Mya at 9 months old (and first time wearing shoes!! She didn't really know what to think of them and really only wanted to put them in her mouth.)


Mya at the park.


Discovering the stairs. I watched Mya crawl over by the stairs to check them out. I took her away from the stairs and tried to distract her with some toys. A few minutes later she went right back to the stairs and immediately started to climb! I couldn't believe that she figured out how to crawl up them so fast. It was like she had climbed them hundreds of times before. This kid amazes me every single day!!


Here she is playing with the doorstop. Who could resist the spiral shape, shiny color, and that silly sound they make? Who needs toys when you have doorstops all over the house! :)

4 comments:

Amy said...

Hey Bonny...Mya is SO cute! I love her expression as she is playing with the doorstop. Hilarious! (I know that feeling, too, those doorstops are fun.) Congrats to you guys on such a cutie!

Danalin said...

And SO many more just around the corner! It is so fun and amazing just how much they change and learn in such a short amount of time. I feel like 9 months to 15 has been a whirlwind of change and progression. You are such a cute mom, Bonny! I am so loving seeing this little woman grow!

nickel... said...

I'm just happy to know that other moms out there don't put shoes on their babies right away. Taj was at LEAST 9 months before he really wore shoes out (and to be honest...we go without rather often still). This might have something to do with the fact that he would rather tip toe around then plant his feet and walk! :) But Mya is darling! We need to play again soon and she can show Taj a thing or two about getting around!

Ben Tanner said...

Bonny.. Mya is SO CUTE!

HOLY FREAKIN COW!

Looks like everything is going well for you guys.

Jessica and I just found out that the little creature inside her is another Boy!

We are going to name him
Abe William Tanner.

So we'll have Eden, Eli, and Abe.

Keep the blog going.. we love it.

Ben